Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Runner’s Top Ten Signs It’s Spring

Two weeks ago, I was on a long run and observed some very faint glimmers of spring here in West Michigan. I was almost certain it was all going to go back to being a frozen wasteland again, until I ran this past Sunday and last night. Now I'm 100% positive spring is on it's way...and here's why:

10. Easiest 5 lb weight loss ever...no more bundling up for sub zero temps!

9. Winter running tights begin to show their wear & tear...potentially popping seams on the next long run.

8.  Shorts & capris become legitimate outdoor apparel options again.

7.  Headlamps are no longer needed for late afternoon runs! (Thank you DST.)

6.  Hurdling and dodging snowdrifts turns into hurdling and dodging gigantic puddles.

5.  Howling winter winds yield to the melodious chatter of birds returning.

4.  Wondering if that is a patch of black ice or just wet pavement.

3.  Boston...every runner begins talking about the Boston Marathon.

2.  Gels and water bottles are no longer a frostbite hazard on long runs.

1.  Seeing bare pavement elicits whoops of glee and miles of smiles.


1 comment:

  1. You are so right - spring is almost here in the mitten! I am so jealous of all the spring runners. The 50 degree weather has me so itchy to get out and run!! Enjoy it for me :)

    ReplyDelete